Thursday, May 24, 2012

This is my final blog

Hello everyone,
          I know all of you have been worried about me. I got a call from Rena and she told me how were you all were. Well I had my last appointment with my neurologist and I'm still on the Namenda but this is the good news apparently the damage that's been done to my brain will take 30 years to affect me in the way Alzheimer's does. They tell me that my primary doctor not being educated in Alzheimer's had no business telling me that I had five years to live a five-year to my brain was completely gone and to get my affairs in daughter etc. etc. etc. He thought he was doing the right thing he was doing the wrong thing. For so many months I've gotten more more anxious more more down in afraid to leave the house. I've stopped going to church talking to friends going on my computer as you know.

Apparently my memory loss in my anxiety and forgetfulness has all gotten worse due to a deep depression and anxiety over the illnesses I already do have. Something traded it and they believe it was either me being in a coma for a week two years ago or my sister suicide. They tell me when you're under stress your anxiety goes up and when you're chronically ill like we all are then you get depressed now I had already agreed to Prozac were John was on the mound and it helped but this still a long way to go I'm still depressed I'm very anxious she wants me to do cognitive reasoning exercises and keep my memory shop. There is a big relief knowing that I am not going to die in five years. That's huge for me I'm so excited to know that I should not feel the effects of the Alzheimer's for many years to come. Needless to say Joe was very excited and we believe this Dr.

My sister Lori does not believe this Dr. although she wishes it was true that it's depression and anxiety she's been around me and she feels that it's the Alzheimer's. Bottom line is my dear sisters that I'm not going to worry about it I'm going to deal with my life day by day I went to get back on the computer and talk to you all my favorite people. This week Joe's on vacation and we have babysit not grant son Dominic which has forced me to leave the house and I'm actually doing okay with that.

So I'm looking forward to moving on with my life and I want to thank you all for all your prayers concern love and I'm really relieved to know that I will be a member of the Lupus family for the rest of my life as I still will have a functioning brain. Joan I appreciate you all so much and things will get really bad here with my mood swings but I promise that we will both be on an answer any questions that you have. We love you all and can't wait to talk to you.
          God bless you all,
                     Donnalynn

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing if only to get out how you're feeling...best wishes Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning everyone
    it has been a long time since my last blog and I don't even remember how to log in. I guess I'm going to do it this way. A lot is happening the, my primary was told by me of the report from my neurologist. As you recall from my last post she stated that due to the fact that I had depression, PTSD, and anxiety due to my chronic illnesses that my memory problems were psychosomatic.
    I was really happy to learn that the Alzheimer's would not affect my brain for at least 30 years. As it turned out, as it does when you mentioned depression or you're on pain medicine doctors assume that it's all in your head and dismiss your symptoms. When I spoke to my primary she was very angry was calling the neurologist and told me that although Alzheimer's won't kill me in five years, the symptoms in dementia will start showing. Me know when I called my sister Lori and told the good news, she was skeptical. She had seen me see my behaviors in new that that particular neurologist was wrong. I am so sick of doctors assuming that when you're as thick as we are that you should be happy go lucky and that there's nothing wrong. I am also discussed it with the medical profession that blames everything on pain meds. I do have Alzheimer's and I would deal with it day by day and turn it over to God. I have since been in the hospital with congestive heart failure and pneumonia. I also had surgery two weeks ago for a broken wire in my pacemaker. I guess what I want to stay mostly is yes there is some depression when you can get out of bed can't get dressed can't walk because your feet are too swollen, can't cook as you can remember with things are were you leave the stove on I am going to beat this and the fact is that between the lupus the five row my second heart disease my kidney disease my blood pressure my vascular disease in my primary clotting disorder I will die a lot faster from each illnesses including diabetes looks almost forgot that one.

    One thing I would like to say is we're all strong, all-powerful, and at times when we don't feel like that we have Jesus. Just remember he loves us unconditionally and when I get really upset I read the book of Job and my Bible. I don't know how I would get through without Joe, my sister Lori, and every single one of my lupus and fibromyalgia friends and of course my son and his family. For all of you I'm been a keep my head up, I'm going to be proud and for those of you that doubt people with unseen illnesses you can just kiss our asses. I love you all and I will work on my blog again as soon as I figure out how to log back in right. I love you all

    ReplyDelete